Join us to put pencil bags together with a personalized letter to be sent to a Flint Elementary School to let the children know we haven’t forgotten them! Adults and youth will write letters to politicians to remind them to keep thinking about clean water in their community.
Where: Susman Room at the Saratoga Springs Library
When: 9:30am to 12:30pm, Monday, January 21st
Also, we will be accepting donations to the Flint Water Fund. 100% of the donations will be used to supply clean water to residents of Flint, Michigan: purchasing and distributing bottled water, providing filtration devices not given out by the state, and giving health care access to children affected by lead poisoning.
We are a field of interest fund formed under the guidance of the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region. Youth2 has been created to engage young people to think about issues that they care about and to create volunteer or social action projects for youth and by youth. Youth2 is committed to giving financial and thoughtful organizational support to help interested young people turn their ideas into realities.
- Do you want to design your own volunteer project?
- Do you want to be able to make a difference in the lives of youth in your own community or in the world?
- Do you want to reach more people, but need matching funds to begin?
- Did you ever wonder about how to get your project started?
YouthSquared Participates in “March for our Lives” on March 2018
Youth2 can help you! How can you get involved?
- Learn how to write a grant
- Tell a friend about us
- Attend and support another person’s social action project
- Become an Advisory Council Member
- Invite a Youth2 Advisory Council member to come and speak to your group or Organization
- Give part of your babysitting money, or part of your birthday gifts as a Donation to Youth2
- Tell your club leader about us
- Get involved in a volunteer job by looking through the Book of Good Deeds, our collection of volunteer opportunities for youth
- Add your organization to the Book of Good Deeds
- Help out with events.