Trailblazing Volunteer Training
Presented by Youth2– Youth Helping Youth
Location: Spring Street Gallery, 110 Spring Street
Date: Saturday, December 15th, 2018
Time: 9:30 am-1 pm.
Cost: Free to all students, ages 11-22.
Benefit: The training will provide a forum of community service ideas and ways to make this world a better place; most schools have offered 4 community service credits for 3.5 training hrs.
- This training will help you to think about something that you want to do to improve your local community or the world and how to realize your vision.
- The course will highlight the value of volunteering and why people take part in social action.
- Your creativity will be stirred to think of projects that help to solve social problems.
- You will explore ways to make volunteer work meaningful to you and match your interests.
Room capacity is limited and registration is required. Please call, Beverly Lazar Davis, 518-281-9130 to sign up or email at moc.oohay@derauqshtuoy or moc.liamg@sivadrazalveb
We are a field of interest fund formed under the guidance of the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region. Youth2 has been created to engage young people to think about issues that they care about and to create volunteer or social action projects for youth and by youth. Youth2 is committed to giving financial and thoughtful organizational support to help interested young people turn their ideas into realities.
- Do you want to design your own volunteer project?
- Do you want to be able to make a difference in the lives of youth in your own community or in the world?
- Do you want to reach more people, but need matching funds to begin?
- Did you ever wonder about how to get your project started?
YouthSquared Participates in “March for our Lives” on March 2018
Youth2 can help you! How can you get involved?
- Learn how to write a grant
- Tell a friend about us
- Attend and support another person’s social action project
- Become an Advisory Council Member
- Invite a Youth2 Advisory Council member to come and speak to your group or Organization
- Give part of your babysitting money, or part of your birthday gifts as a Donation to Youth2
- Tell your club leader about us
- Get involved in a volunteer job by looking through the Book of Good Deeds, our collection of volunteer opportunities for youth
- Add your organization to the Book of Good Deeds
- Help out with events.